Eight ways to Prevent Breast Cancer –
1. Reduce Weight: Higher the Obesity, higher the fat content. Higher fat content leads to higher estrogen levels, especially in older women. The higher estrogen levels leads to enhanced risk of developing breast cancer.
2. Breast Feed your children, if possible. This has shown to substantially lower the risk.
3. Exercise often and regularly.
4. Quit Smoking
5. Avoid or Limit Alcohol.
6. Avoid birth control pills, especially if you are over 35 years of age.
7. Avoid or restrict Hormonal Restriction Therapy (HRT), if you are post-menopausal.
8. Consult your doctor, if you are at high risk, for two FDA approved preventive medications – Tamoxifen or Raloxifene.